Spring is finally here and our dogs are outside loving it! Here are a few quick tips to help keep your dog safe during these months.
- Place lawn care and garden care items such as fertilizers, insecticides and herbicides in a safe place that your dog cannot get to.
- If your dog starts having the sniffles and sneezing often, he or she may have allergies just like some of us humans. A quick trip to your vet may help your dog be more comfortable.
- Some dogs have allergies, but do not have the sniffles or sneeze at all. Rather, some have “hot spots” on their skin that they lick continuously because it itches and is irritated, so keep an eye out for that.
- The bugs are flying around as well, so be sure to have your dog on a good flea and tick medication, as well as heart worm medication.
- As the weather continues to get warmer, be sure to have fresh water available for your dog at all times
- Get to know what plants you have in your yard, and do you research to be sure they are all dog friendly.
These are just a handful of ways to keep your dog safe this spring and we hope it have helped! Happy Easter and Happy Spring!